CCleaner is very easy to use, just download and install it on your device and let it do its job.
In addition, CCleaner will be faster because it will delete various files that would otherwise slow down search results and take up a lot of memory, giving the user more space on his hard drive.
Clean your device in seconds and forget about space-related mistakes with this great tool.
You can also use Microsoft’s System File Checker to check for damaged system files. However, this utility is only available on Windows 10. Here you can learn how to perform an SFC scan:
- Go to the Start menu, type cmd, and right click on the command line.
- Then choose Run as administrator.
- Now enter the command sfc /scannow.
- Wait until the scan is complete and restart the computer. All damaged files will be replaced on restart.
3. Update of the operating system
Make sure you have the latest Windows updates installed on your device. Reminder: Microsoft continuously offers Windows updates to improve system stability and solve various problems.
Go to the Windows Update page, check for updates and install the available updates. To access the Windows Update section, type the update in the search field. This method works for all versions of Windows.
If you are looking for a specific update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog page. Simply enter the KB number of the relevant update, press the Enter key and then click the Download key.
4. Uninstall last installed software
If you have recently installed new software on your computer, try uninstalling it. Go to the Start menu, type Control Panel and select the most recently added program(s). Then click Delete.
Then restart your computer and try to reinstall the updates.
5. Check disc for errors
In Windows 10, you can start a disk scan from the command line.
Run the command line as administrator and type chkdsk C: /f followed by Enter. Replace C with the score letter of the hard disk.
8. Disc size
If none of the above solutions work, try formatting the problem reader. Formatting and restoring the hard disk’s default settings should solve this problem.
Remember that formatting a drive means deleting all files and folders stored on that drive.
Before you learn how to do it manually, we recommend that you use a special tool such as Paragon Partition Manager.
With this software you can easily back up and restore data and manage your storage devices.
This tool has many great features and, as far as the hard drive is concerned, you can separate your data from the operating system, which simplifies the backup process.
It also organizes the hard disk and reallocates the free space to improve the overall performance of the system.
Paragon Partition Manager
Share your drives to organize your system space and back up your data with this great software.
Here are the steps you can follow to manually format adisk.
- Go to Start and type Disk Management.
- Then select the Disk Management Utility.
- Right-click on the disk you want to format and select Format.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to further customize the formatting process and click OK in the warning window.
- Once the formatting process is complete, you can use the player.
- Try reinstalling the updates to see if this action has solved the problem.
7. Removal of temporary files and folders
The easiest and fastest way to delete temporary files and folders is to erase the drive. While using a computer or surfing the Internet, your computer collects several unnecessary files.
These so-called junk files can affect the speed of data processing on your computer, resulting in a slow application response, and they can also cause various error codes, including the ERROR_NOT_SAME_DEVICE error code.
Using Disk Cleaning in Windows 10:
- Go to Start and type Disk Cleanup.
- Select the disk you want to clean and the tool will tell you how much space you can free up.
- Choose Delete system files.
8. Temporarily changing the register key
- Save the original values of the registry keys. In case of a problem, you can restore your previous version of Windows.
- Change the following registry key values from C: or %SystemDrive% to D (or another drive) :
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARmicrosoftWindows NTC CurrentVersionProfileList
- Installing updates
- Restore the key values from the registry to the original disk.
9. Use System Recovery Options
The System Restore option allows you to restore your old, working system configuration without losing any files except for some customizable features and settings.
If system recovery is enabled, follow the instructions below:
- Go to Search, type System Properties and open System Properties.
- Go to System Protection and click on System Restore.
- Click Next and select the desired restore point in the new window.
- After selecting the desired restore point, click Next and select Done.
- Your computer will restart and the recovery process will begin.
Once the process is complete, try refreshing the computer to see if the problem persists.
Windows 10 offers a number of advanced recovery options that allow users to clean up the installation of their operating system. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can also use the Reset This P recovery option.
- Go to Settings and select Update and Security.
- Then click on the Restore button in the left pane.
- In the Reset this PC section, click Run and select Save Files.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the reset.
We hope that the above solutions have helped you to correct the hard drive error that the system cannot migrate to another hard drive.
If you have found other solutions to this problem, you can help the Windows community by providing troubleshooting steps in the notes below.
Do you still have a problem? Fix them with these tools:
This software corrects common computer errors, protects you from file loss, malware and hardware errors, and optimizes your PC for maximum performance.
Troubleshoot PC problems and remove viruses in 3 easy steps:
- Download this much appreciated PC recovery tool from TrustPilot.com (you can download it from this page).
- Click the Start scan button to scan for Windows issues that may cause PC problems.
- Click on Restore All to solve problems related to patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
- Restoro has been downloaded by 0 players this month.
Editor’s comments : This article was originally published in September 2017 and revised and updated in December 2020 for timeliness, accuracy and completeness.
the system cannot move the file to a different disk drive mklink,python copy and move file,shutil python move a file,shutil move file not found,move specific files from one folder to another python,python move files recursively,shutil copy,python shutil copy preserve timestamp