Thanks to the flexibility offered by the WiFi connection, we no longer need to connect an Ethernet cable to access the Internet. Thanks to the WiFi connection, we can move freely anywhere while keeping in touch at all times. We can continue to play on our phones or walk around freely with our laptops without having to worry about carrying an Ethernet cable.
But what if you want to connect the new laptop you bought? What if the guests ask for a WiFi password at home? Unfortunately, it is not uncommon to forget a WiFi password. It happens to most of us. Some people write it down, others rely on their memory. But sometimes finding a WiFi password becomes a mystery. But don’t worry, here are three easy ways to find a WIFI password on a Windows 10 computer!
Variant 1: With Windows settings
There are two ways to find a WiFi password using the Windows settings First, make sure your laptop is connected to the WiFi device from which you can find the password.
1. On the Windows 10 desktop screen, move the slider to the lower right.
2. Now right-click on the Wi-Fi signal icon.
3. After clicking the right mouse button you will see two options. Select Open Network and Internet Settings.
4. Then the Settings window appears. Select the WiFi option.
5. The Wi-Fi settings screen appears. Find the Network and Sharing Center option in the right menu and left click on it. The Network and Sharing Center window will then open.
6. Move the cursor to the active WiFi network. Click to open the WiFi status window.
7. In the WiFi Status window, select WiFi Properties.
8. In the Wireless Properties window, select the Security tab.
9. On the Security tab, choose Show Symbols. Your WiFi password is now displayed in the Network Security Key window.
1. In the Windows 10 search box, enter the Wi-Fi settings and select Change Wi-Fi settings from the menu. Pay attention: For Windows 10 users these look more like WiFi settings.
2. Perform the same steps #5 to #8 as in Method 1 above.
Variant 2: with command line tool
Another way to find a Wi-Fi password is to use the command line utility.
- Go to the search bar on the left side of the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop screen (or just start typing from the Start menu). Type cmd and select the command line entry from the menu.
2. On the command line, type the netsh wlan show profile and press Enter.
3. A list of all the Wi-Fi network profiles you have connected to is now displayed.
4. To retrieve the password for your specific network, execute the following command netsh wlan show profile name=profilename key=clear, replacing the profile name with the name of your network. For example in the figure below – Redmi.
So, the command to know the WiFi password for the network profile called Redmi :
netsh wlan shows profile name=Redmi key=Delete
5. Finally, scroll down the command line screen to find the embedded keyword. The text line on the right is your wifi password.
In the same way, you can obtain the password of any network to which your device is connected. Replace the profile name in step 4 with the profile name of the network of your choice.
Option 3: WiFiPassword Program
The third way to retrieve WiFi passwords is by using the Magical Jelly Bean key search tool. Magical Jelly Bean is a free program that allows you to retrieve all your stored Wi-Fi passwords in seconds.
- To use the above tool, please enter the following information in your browser: https://www.magicaljellybean.com/Wi-Fi-password-revealer.
- When the page is open, click on the download button. Downloading via a reasonable internet connection only takes a few seconds.
- After downloading the Magical Jelly Bean tool, navigate to the Downloads folder to find the installation/exception file. Left-click on the installation file and select Start installation as administrator.
- The Choose the setting language dialog box appears. Select your language and click OK.
- Touch the agreement at the end of the installation and press Next to continue the installation.
- When you click Next, the Select Destination Location window will appear, asking you where you want to install the tool. You can use the default location of the C:Program folder or click the Browse button to select another destination. Click on Next to continue.
- In the Select additional tasks window, choose if you want to add additional shortcuts and click Next to continue.
- In the Ready for installation window, click Install to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, the Revealer wizard for setting the Revealer WiFi password will appear. Select Run Wi-Fi Password Unveiler and click Done. A window will appear asking you to select the Allow this application to access your device. Unlock access to the tool and click Next to start the Magic Jelly Bean password search program.
- Finally, you will see a screen with a list of WiFi passwords for all the networks your device has connected to.
PS, check our website for other useful manuals for PC and Mac OS.
Tim is an engineer and small entrepreneur from Northern California. He is a creative writer and an open technical blogger who is passionate about helping people and developing creativity in their minds through manuals, articles and honest software reviews.
how to find wifi password on windows 10 using cmd,how to find wifi password on windows 7,how to find ethernet password on windows 10,how to find wifi password on windows 8,how to hack wifi password on windows 10,how to find wifi password on android,how to check wifi password in windows 10 pro,how to find wifi password on windows xp