Creating a new Gmail label folder
Do you know how to create a new folder in Gmail? Your Gmail inbox can fill up quickly. The way to make your email account more efficient is to create folders (the so-called shortcuts in Gmail) and organize your email accordingly.
As you’ve read in the paragraph above, Gmail uses a system called tags – it doesn’t really have folders. Although there are some subtle differences between folders and traditional labels (e.g. the ability to assign emails to different labels), the concept or idea is virtually the same. Labels are used to organize email, just like folders.
Creating folders in Gmail with shortcut keys to organize email
You can create new folders in your Gmail inbox using the shortcuts that work best for organizing the different emails you receive every day. Gmail’s Shortcuts function essentially has the same function as folders, allowing you to group emails into different categories. Gmail also has a Move To function that allows you to easily send email to a specific folder you have created. Below are ways to create a new label directly in your inbox from your computer and mobile device.
Creating a new label in Gmail for the desktop
- Open any desktop browser, for example. B. Chrome.
- Go to the Gmail site and log into your account.
- Then select the gear icon in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- In the drop-down menu, click once on Show all settings.
- Select the Labels tab at the top of the settings.
- Go to the Tags section and select the option Create New Tag.
- The New Label window appears. Enter a new label name in the text box below. Click New to create a new label.
- You can and the following labels. At least one link must have been created beforehand.
- You can also nest labels. At least one label must have been created beforehand. Simply check the box next to Litter Lable Under, select the arrow on the right side of the text box and choose the main label from the drop-down menu.
Select the gear icon and see all parametersSelect the gear icon and see all parametersSelect the gear icon and see all parameters.
Click on the Labels tab and create a new label
Select the attached label
A toast message appears at the bottom left of the screen to inform you that a shortcut has been created.
Message from the toast.
Your new Gmail inbox will now show your new label in the left pane.
Creating a new label in Gmail for mobile devices
If you use a cell phone, e. B. Android or iPhone, iPad, you can also create a new label from within the Gmail application. To do this, you must perform the following steps:
- Tap to open the Gmail application on your smartphone.
- Select the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and click the Create new option button in the Tags section.
- Select the text box and enter a name for the new label. Then click on the Done option.
- Your new label will then be created.
Open the Gmail application, tap the main menu, select Create New Tag and enter a name, and DoneOpen the Gmail application, tap the main menu, select Create New Tag and enter a name, and DoneOpen the Gmail application, tap the main menu, select Create New Tag and enter a name, and Done.
Here are some frequently asked questions from different people that may be of interest to you.
Creating a folder in Gmail for specific e-mails
We’ll show you how to create folders in Gmail in seconds by following these steps:
- Click on the gearshift icon in your Gmail inbox.
- Select Show all parameters
- Visit the Shortcuts tab
- Click on the option Create a new label at the bottom.
- Enter the name of the table
- Then click on Save
Creating folders in the Gmail application
It is easy to create new folders in the Gmail mobile application to sort the mailbox you receive every day.
- Press to open the mobile Gmail application
- Select multiple email messages or open an email message.
- Select the main menu or the burger menu (three horizontal bars) at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Edit labels and add a new label.
- Then click on the OK option.
Creating a new folder in Gmail on iPhone
Follow these steps to create, edit and delete shortcuts in the Gmail application on iPhone devices:
- Download your Gmail application first if you don’t already have it.
- Open the Gmail application on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the main menu
- Click on the Create new button under Shortcuts.
- Then enter the name
- Choosing Ready
why can't i create a new folder in gmail,how to create rules in gmail,adding a folder to your gmail,how to move labels in gmail,how to create a new folder in gmail on iphone,how to create and delete folders in gmail,why can't i create a new label in gmail,gmail label rules,how to organize labels in gmail,gmail labels not working,create new label in gmail app iphone,gmail delete label and contents,how to create a folder in gmail on mac,where is the settings icon in gmail,automatically label emails gmail,how to create a folder in gmail on iphone,how to automatically move emails to a folder,gmail new mailbox,how to delete folders in gmail,how to delete a folder in gmail,youtube gmail folders,create archive folder in gmail,how to create folders in gmail on iphone,move emails to folder gmail,how to organize gmail folders,how to change folder name in gmail,how to tag in gmail,how to create new folder in gmail mobile app,how to create a new label in gmail,how to create folders in gmail app on iphone,how to move emails to folders in gmail,gmail label email address